help our children be un-STUCK

Friday, November 8, 2013

STUCK x's 3!


Thanks to the valiant efforts of a phenomenal mom I’ve met in this process who adopted two little girls from our orphanage and worked tirelessly on the STUCK campaign, in mid May 2013 I participated in a march on Capital Hill with the author of Both Ends Burning, and founder of the STUCK campaign, and lobbied for congress and the senate to vote yes on the Children in Families First Act. The goal is to cut through some of the ridiculous red tape that keeps our children STUCK in the process of international adoption. The rally was a wonderful experience for Britt and Leo and I and my sister in-law, Moira. We marched carrying a banner with photos of our family and asked everyone we could talk to not to let our adoptions continue to stagnate when we all have voices and votes that can change this process. I met personally with Representative Tim Murphy along with my friend Melissa and her family. Rep Murph, as we have abbreviated it to around our house, did a fantastic job lobbying for many of the children who came home on humanitarian parole after the earthquake and it felt really good to feel that our voices were heard, valued, respected and supported. I’m very happy to say that one day when my children are home I will be presenting Rep Murph with a family portrait thanking him for helping bring my children home. I hope that day comes soon!

Please read all about Both Ends Burning and the STUCK film.

https://bothendsburning.org/initiatives/stuck/‎

The trailer for the film can be found here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9UyFh-PJk‎

Kids all around the world need your help to pass the Children in Families First Act! Please read more here about this act:

childreninfamiliesfirst.org/‎

Watch Mary Landrieu introduce the Children in Families First Act Here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJVCrLXiMmU

No comments:

Post a Comment