help our children be un-STUCK

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

this mother's day was just right

not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

this mother's day could have been drastically different. it could have resulted in my desire to stay in bed all day with the covers pulled over my head. just as several christmases and other holidays have in the past four years. though i never give in to those dreaded feelings and do my best to put one foot in front of the other and buck up for britt and leo; this mother's day could have absolutely done me in. that is, if it weren't for the comfort of knowing that i hadn't left v behind in haiti with no hope. i left her in haiti in the loving arms of hope. hope house.

and when i woke up on mother's day to the beautiful smile of my youngest little love, i was able to get out of bed and firmly plant my feet and begin the best mother's day yet. v was happy. and i was happy to fully celebrate my day with britt, leo, djedly & parker with significant joy and happiness knowing that v knows how much she is loved.

thank you and happy mother's day to my dear friend mallery who made sure that mother's day was this beautiful! thank you to the beautiful soul who created v, edline. happy mother's day to ephetta, the loving woman who created my sweet boys. happy mother's day to darline. happy mother's day to my moms. happy mother's day to j's moms. and happy mother's day to all the beautiful mother's in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment