help our children be un-STUCK

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

17 times

16 times our hearts ripped wide open.
With I love you’s and I’ll see you soon’s all spoken.
But never again will we be so broken.
For 16 was enough.
And now all we have is love.

16 times I left you both so broken.
Promises I’d return to you were spoken.
You didn’t close yourselves off.
You’re open.
Receiving all my love.

16 times our fears were strengthened.
Every time I left the ground was shaken.
The winds that carried me home were whipping.
Scars on my heart kept the deep hurt aching.
I wanted you in my arms.

But 16 times our hopes were dampened.
16 times our bonds were not broken.
16 times left us waiting for one day.
But we did not know when.

How many days we longed for it?
How many nights did we hope for it?
How many tears did we shed for it?
For the day we would be done.

But 17 times we have laughed together.
17 times we have grown by measure.
And 17 times we’ve prepared for forever.
For all the good and the bad.

All of the sorrows, sadness and heartbreak,
How much more will our tattered souls ache?
My tortured mind just simply now cannot take,
Another bomb or loss.

But after waiting so long,
Our bonds they remain so strong.
And all of this waiting is now done.
For our day has finally come.

Now come, let’s enter our life.
You can step from pain and from strife.
You can keep your past safe in your pocket.
You can keep it with you in a locket.
You can leave it behind if you wish.
Your life is your very own gift.

You can have now all that you need.
Lets take this step and you’ll see.
There is so much that you will now be.
The choice is your own.

Let’s leave and we’ll blow it a kiss.
There is so much that you will miss.
But I love you,
I promise you this.
And together we will be.

Bravely now come take my hand.
I’ll take you to a new land.
We have journeys ahead to wander.
There are times that we will ponder.
But together we will conquer,
All that life has for us.

16 times we’ve hoped we’d make it.
16 times we’ve had to take it.
And 16 times we’ve wiped our tears.
But thank you 17, you wipe all our fears.
Down to the day it has been four years.
But we are now done.

For you are mine and I am yours.
Today we will see a brand new shore.
And our faith will now fully restore.
For our day has finally come.
And your new life we have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment