help our children be un-STUCK

Sunday, January 5, 2014

words for my children


we are under the same moon

and under the same bright stars

when you wake in the morn

and when you lay down at night


know this in your little hearts

that one day all will be right


we didn’t start life together

but our paths have crossed for good

my arms will give you shelter

And my heart will give you food


you have grown a bit for now

but you’ll grow in love still more

i’ll cross oceans to come see you

and together we’ll stand on the shore


there are days and tears and promises

that will be kept to make you whole

please offer me your forgiveness

together we’ll be forever more


no our road it is not easy

there are hills and mountains high

but the breeze will blow so sweetly

as together we will climb


always know that i love you

i will never leave you behind

and when i tell you goodbye

know i’m coming back in time


your face is burned in my mind

even when i try to sleep

i toss in my evenings

for i wonder when you weep


there’s an aching in my soul

without you in my arms

how i long for our days

when i can start to fix the harms


you are my sweet little boys

and my darling little girls

our time is just beginning

but the beauty will unfurl

No comments:

Post a Comment