help our children be un-STUCK

Friday, December 6, 2013

The TRUTH is the TRUTH is the TRUTH is the TRUTH


There are so many truths listed in this blog post. Please read it and know that I couldn’t have said this any better.

Though I love that my children have received attention and love for a micro-week at a time through the outreach of kind hearted people who travel to Haiti to work on mission trips, I agree that what Carla points out in her blog post. Our children are not members of a petting zoo. They are broken and fragmented little people who need to be loved. But they need consistent and reliable love. They don’t need to be the subject of a photo shoot that is shared with the world. Their lives, their stories, and their image are theirs. If I could tell the amazing people who have loved my children one thing before they visit and love on them for a week, it would be to please keep my children’s hearts in mind. Please understand that they are not fodder for your personal growth. They are in a place of abandonment and the more you love them and leave them, the more they build their emotional walls. Please love them. Please know that I love that you love them. But please remember that they have a family who is trying desperately to bring them home. They are not “orphans” any longer. They are someone’s child. They are someone’s sibling. And they mean the world to us. They are with us every second of the day. They are in every heartbeat. They are in every breath. So please, go and build, and paint, and pray and nourish. But remember to first do no harm.

I wish that I could say that none of these items applied to our crèche and our adoption process, but alas, I truly identify with every single point made.

http://carlaburlando.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-screw-up-orphan-care-in-name-of.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment